Monday, April 8, 2013

I asked where were the BERRY girls?

In an earlier post "Dear Sis & Bro: a 1904 Letter From Tom"  [Tuesday, February 26, 2013] towards the end of the post, I showed a picture of four men - BERRY men, Tom and his three sons. I was wondering where his girls were and why they weren't pictured. He did mention them in the letter. No matter, I just remembered I had an image of all their children including the girls!

These two images are part of a batch of family pictures cousin Sharon had in her stash. It is surely a stroke of luck that someone put an overlay tracing paper on the picture with the names of the children. Sharon didn't know who they were until I told her those were the Tom and Eliza (VAMPLEW) BERRY children. We are still trying to identify many more images both of us have. Maybe we will find Eliza and Tom one of these days.

Anyway, the picture is also dated 1896, taken at the F & G. Beales studio, 31 High Street, Boston, Lincolnshire, England. The ages of the children match close to what I have recorded in my tree program Reunion. Arthur (James) b. abt 1878; Bert [or Thomas Bertie] b. abt 1882; Wilfred b. abt 1883; Minnie b. abt 1887; Nellie [or Mary Helen] b. abt 1885. [The ages were calculated from the 1901 census. Class: RG13; Piece: 3046; Folio: 135; Page: 30. Ancestry.com]


Looks like Minnie doesn't want to be in the picture.


Sometimes we get lucky and the owner gives us
a clue to who is pictured.



No comments:

Post a Comment